Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sweet Peas!

Today Chloe got to eat something besides milk. She has been very curious about our food lately. We often have her sit at the kitchen island with us while we eat dinner and she tries to drink our water or pick the food from our plate. So despite the Drs. recommendation to start her on food at 6 months, I made her some homemade baby food. Apparently, this is a growing trend according to this latest Washington Post article on the many benefits of making your own baby food. Thanks Grumppa Larry!
Get excited Chloe!

Yeah Peas! Something I can eat besides milk!

All steamed up!
Purred Peas Instantly! Just add milk!
Peas! Peas! Peas!

Feeding success. She's licking her Paws!
No more peas Mommy, please!

4 comments:

vtconnie said...

Yummy Peas! She looks more than ready to play with grown-up food!

Jean said...

Peas are awesome! Jonas was a huge fan of peas and sweet potato puree! Now he is eating peas with his fingers, always amazed at how they keep on growing and learning. My favorite first I gave Jonas was avocado...so easy to puree and quick! A lot of the baby food books are so fancy, just think simple, and you will have so much fun watching Chloe eat it up at what little work it took you to make it!

Jean said...

Erin - Here is the website I consulted a lot to give me ideas of what I could feed Jonas. It's kind of confusing to navigate, but you'll figure it out!
http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

The Whites said...

I love it! She is so precious :)