Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Little Things in Life

It is hard to believe that our little Chloe Grace is 4 months and growing. Every little week there's such a difference. Since I last posted, her personality has continued to develop. She is very stubborn, which she gets from both Mom and Dad. Instead of slowing working up to hunger, she goes from hungry to screaming in a matter of seconds. She is back to eating every 3 hours or so, but I think she is going through a growth spurt. She only will ever eat smaller bottles at a time, but she eats a lot of them, so some days it feels like we are feeding her all the time.

She loves to hold her own bottle.

The other big milestone is that she has started laughing. She loved to be tickled, especially before a bath or a change of clothes (which is frequent)! It is a really belly laugh like (hehehheheeeee!) as opposed to what she was doing before which was just making noise while smiling. When she did this for the first time last week, I was beside myself with excitement and stated jumping up and down. You really have to hold out for these refreshing and over joyous moments, especially with a baby as demanding as Chloe.

This is a video of Chloe cooing back when I talk to her. Apologies that it is a little dark.

Her new thing this week is making her lips vibrate while spiting and making noise (not sure show to describe this, so I really need to get it on video). It is the funniest thing. She thinks so too because she'll do it constantly and then start laughing, so clearing she enjoys it. I've also noticed that when I talk back to her when she does this she smiles even more. I think she is definitely going to be a talker. Good thing phones have come a long way and the days of charging by the minute are long gone.

She gets fussy at dinner time, so we have been having her some to dinner with us in her Bumbo chair. She seems to be fascinating watching us eat. Now she sort of wonders what it is all about? It's about the only way we have been able to maintain eating together. I think this will be good for her anyway; gets her used to being at the table and socializing.

We also introduced her to the doorway jumper. For those of you who know what a "Jonny Jump Up" is, then it is very similar. Chloe is not one to sit still, so I am not sure why we have so many infant seats in our house? She likes to sit up or stand while we hold her and just jump, so we thought we would give it a try. Although she wasn't crazy about it at first, she's getting used to it and beginning to like it. It gives her a new a perspective!
This was the first day we set her up in the jumper.

This was about a week later, so she's a bit more coordinated.

Finally, We got to meet Gus! My good friend Connie had her baby almost two months ago and we finally got to see the little Man! Chloe needs some girl friends. Everyone I know who has had babies, the same time as me have all been boys! Kelly, I am holding out for you!

Chloe and Gus hanging out!

Proud Mommies!

1 comment:

The Whites said...

I love her! She is sooo cute and I love all of her hair!!