Tuesday, October 7, 2008

There is still room for sleepovers...Even for Moms!

So before the blessed arrival of baby Payton, my three best friends since elementary and middle school decided it would be fun to take me out to dinner and have a good ole' fashion sleep over. This was a belated birthday celebration and was supposed to be our last alone time before I became a mom in less than a month. The evening was complete with wonderful Thai, friends, laughter, girl talk, ginger ale, chocolate, and what slumber party would be complete with out a scandelous chick flick, Sex and the City. I always thought your personal life would come to an end when you become a mother; that there wouldn't be time to hang out with your friends and do all the fun things you used to do together. The thought of replacing my Michael Kors bag with a clunky diaper bag, was not what I had in mind. When I first found out I was pregnant, I was selfishly not looking forward to being a mother because none of my friends had children and I thought I would feel alone. I didn't want to give up my married life with our other couple friends. I am thankful Diana beat me to it. Now, at least 4 of my close friends are all having babies within months of each other. Little three week old Payton Kemper Kite assured me this weekend is that life doesn't stop just because the baby comes. Moms can still have slumber parities too. The fun ain't over baby!

As you can see, there is no shortage of fun here and if you could hear this picture, you would know we are doing a great job of keeping Payton awake!

No comments: